Sunday 11 December 2011

Cupcakes for 'merisik' entourage

In the Malay culture, when a guy is intent on marrying a girl, he would send forth an entourage consisting of his parents and family elders to the girl's house to officially inquire if the girl is in/off the market. The ceremony is called 'merisik' and 3 weeks ago, my family had done just that on behalf of my brother :) My mum thought that it would be nice to have a box of cupcakes to accompany the ring (if the girl's family agrees to it, the ring would be given to the girl to signify that she's off the market to other men out there) and here's the outcome...

Vanilla cupcakes with buttercream and gum paste flowers

I just love the colours from Wilton. This one is Daffodil Yellow :)

There you go, packed and all...

Just one more snap...can't resist! It's simple but that's what I like about it :)
Oh, by the way, we were received favourably and InsyaAllah my brother with be engaged to his sweetheart on this coming 25th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment