Monday 27 February 2012

Chocolate Walnut Heart-shape Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache

My friend Fish had previously ordered cheesecakes from me, so this time around she wanted to try out something different for her husband's birthday. She had requested for a Chocolate Walnut Cake, which I had never made before but knowing that I could also gain from doing something new, I accepted her order. Every order is like a challenge to me...


I scoured the internet for a good recipe, but could not find a good Chocolate Walnut Cake recipes, only Chocolate Walnut Brownie recipes. I could take a moist chocolate cake recipe and add walnut to it, but I'm skeptical if the light batter would be able to support the weight of the nuts, so I scrapped the idea. Finally I decided to try use my brownie like cupcake recipe and add walnuts to it. Alhamdulillah it worked and customary of my family, the test batch was 80% gone within 2 hours of it being served. It's a 1.5kg test batch cake, so now you know why I am surprised :)


Fish had given me a few samples on her preferred decorations and I took a liking to a sample instantly. I was also requested to bake a heart-shaped cake, so here's the final product...


Didn't look exactly as the sample given, but I hope Fish & Rudy had liked it all the same.


Happy Birthday, Rudy!

Chocolate Walnut Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache

No comments:

Post a Comment