Tuesday 6 November 2012

Rainbow Cake for Adrian's 3rd Birthday

Salam!

I would like to share with you photos of a Rainbow Cake I had recently done for Izyan, my repeat customer :) I love love love doing a Rainbow Cake and I was really happy to get an order for one. For one, I love the colours, and two, I love the challenge of assembling the cake. I like my layers of cake to be 'fat' so instead of 6 layers, I made only 5 layers of about 1 1/2 inches thick, so the final product was about 10 inches tall. 

As I do not fancy the overly sweet buttercream made of butter/shortening, icing sugar and a bit of milk, I layered and covered my Rainbow Cake with Italian Meringue Buttercream. I like the buttercream for its subtle sweetness and creamery taste.

Anyway, Izyan had ordered the cake to celebrate his nephew's third birthday. Little Adrian is a big fan of tractors and all these big boys' machines, so Izyan had planned to put toy tractors on top of the cake. I had left the decorating of the cake to a minimal so that she could do just that.

After I had finished decorating the cake, I realized that it was too tall for a standard round cake plastic container that I bought, so I improvised it. In my haste to get the cake ready for pick up, I had not snap a photo of it, but it was such an awkward looking container :)

Thank you Izyan and I sincerely hoped that everyone had liked the cake!

Rainbow Cake is being assembled
Simple baby blue decorations made with Italian Meringue Buttercream
Birthday boy Adrian happily playing with toy tractors which had been put on top of the cake . Seeing a cake sliced that way makes me hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment